In a recent post, we promised we would share tips from time to time to keep you legal.
This particular one is very common, and can be easily remedied…
Under the Companies Act 2006, if you are a limited company, you must display the following:
- Name of company including the word Limited or the accepted abbreviation Ltd
- Registered company number
- Registered office address
- Where the company was registered: England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland
Interestingly, we didn’t know until we checked the facts for this post, that your registered office address needs to be in the same country as you registered the company. So, you can’t have a registered office address in Scotland if you registered the business in England.
Note: You are not obliged to declare the directors in your business, but if you choose to do so you must declare all of them, not just some.
Where should this information be displayed?
- Letterhead – both printed and electronic
- Invoices and all financial supporting paperwork such as statements, credit notes etc
- Email signature – this is a common one where business owners fall down
- Website – in the footer (which is most common) or on the contact page
- At all of your premises – so if you trade at several locations it needs to be displayed at each one. It should also be displayed at the registered office address. This does not apply if you trade from your home address.
You do need to apply to Companies House if you want to change your registered office address – you can’t just go ahead and change it. However, thankfully it is a pretty straightforward task.
So, are you legal?
If so – well done. If not, you had better make a call to your web developer and your printer…
If you’d like help with getting your marketing sorted,
give us a call on 01256 83 11 10.
Registered office address: Unit 14 Faraday Court | Rankine Road | Basingstoke | Hampshire | RG24 8PF
Registered No: 4440964 Registered in England & Wales
© Copyright 2021 Bang Consulting Limited